Tuesday, July 15, 2008

 

More Eco-friendly photos

These two chipmunks have been running around the construction site. I went over to get a piece of 3 inch conduit and they both ran inside of it. I picked it up and they were able to stay inside even when held vertically. Clever. They then ran over to the ICCF and yelled at me.

While getting a photo of the chipmunks, I saw something run into the stacks. This is our local "brush rabbit" (Sylvilagus bachmani), not the more common and larger cottontail (which is actually a non-native invasive in Western Washington). These little guys aren't supposed to be north of Oregon, but we've got plenty.

Comments:
I read your post on this forum: http://www.ownerbuilderbook.com/forum/messages.aspx?ID=691
and, since you posted it relatively recently, I was interested in the comments about Rastra mis-management. Seems to be true of MANY of the alternative construction materials. Maybe just a reflection of the average "failure rate" of new businesses in general....? Anyway--can you tell me what brand of ICCF you decided to use instead of Rastra? We need a material that can readily make curves and very few qualify. Thanks for any help!
-- Leslie Moyer
LeslieMoyer at gmail dot com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?