Monday, June 09, 2008

 

Block Arrives

Our ICF block finally arrived. We had a local lumberyard ferry the load in from the main highway using their smaller trucks and all-terrain fork lifts. It took over three hours with the guys working on a Sunday.  I didn't ask if the lumberyard knew or if they were moonlighting.  I was just glad to get the block on site. I had several broken blocks where the blocks were sat down on ground that wasn't well prepared (flat). The broken ones can be glued back together.


Posted by PicasaI've read about a lot of problems with getting block delivered from Rastra or similar suppliers.  My situation was kind of strange, with the supplier (under a different name) giving me a great price quote.  Delivery was only several weeks late, and then I never heard from nor could find the supplier again, despite trying to contact them.  The block was shipped from Arizona (not the location of the supplier) and I think that it may have been shipped from the plant that manufactured block for Rastra.  Having worked with Rastra block before, I know that this stuff is identical.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?